Project Corrections/ Time Spent:
Brochure- 30 Minutes
Business Identity Project-1 hour
Total: 2 Hours
Description: The purpose of this assignment is to create a portfolio in InDesign that showcases all of my work from this semester in Visual Communication 130.
Process(programs, tools, skills, Focus principles):
1. I first began by viewing previous portfolio examples and by researching portfolios on Google. I knew that I wanted to create something simple that wouldn’t distract the viewer from my projects.
2. I set up an 8.5 by 11 document in InDesign with 21 pages. I then used Adobe Illustrator to create the blue brushstrokes seen on all of my pages.
3. I inserted the Illustrator files into my portfolio on the master pages. I also added page numbers to the master pages.
4. I then added in the titles in my selected typefaces and I inserted the files of my projects to see how they would look.
5. I filled in all of the sections for the description pages.
6. I made corrections to some of my projects. The layout wasn’t changed in the portfolio because I had linked the files of the projects and updated the links.
I received critique from my husband Joel to remove some extra brush strokes that I had added previously. He told me that I should keep it simple so that it didn’t take away from my projects. I edited my files in Illustrator and updated the links in InDesign.
Message: My message was to show my progress that I have made in this class.
Audience: Potential clients and employers
Top Thing Learned: Using master pages in InDesign is a very useful skill that saves a lot of time and can make a project look very unified.
Color Scheme and Color Names:
Monochromatic// Fountain Blue, white, and black
Title Font Name and Category:
Chasing Embers// Script/decorative
Body Copy Font Name and Category:
Pragati Narrow// Sans Serif
Thumbnails of any Original, Unedited Images:
Source of Each Image:
Images and graphics used for this project are my own.