The purpose of this assignment was to create a webpage using HTML/CSS showcasing the logo designed for the Buisiness Identity Project.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I had already created my logo for the Buisiness Identity project which I made in Adobe Illustrator.
2. First, I resized my logo to be 300 px on the long side.
3. Next I typed up all of the information that I wanted to use on the website and added the <p>, <h1>, etc. tags to make it look organized.
4. Then I created my CSS file and made sure to link it in the HTML code.
5. I made changes to the CSS file that were similar in color to the logo. I also used a contrasting sans-serif font for my body copy.
6. For the background, I used a free image from the free Subtle Patterns website. I chose the diamond background because it was similar to the diamonds used on the crown in my logo.
7. I validated both my HTML and CSS codes to make sure everything was running smoothly.
I critiqued Christine Winward and Lindsay Handley on Facebook. I was unable to post to Facebook to receive critique but my husband gave me a few very helpful critiques. He suggested that I use a sans-serif font for my body copy instead of a serif font because it made it look too messy. The sans-serif font made it much easier to read. He also suggested that I add extra space between the lines in my text to make it more readable. He also pointed out a few spelling/ grammatical errors.
To understand my process and reasoning for creating my Jack and Jill Children’s clothing store logo.
Parents seeking to buy sophisticated and classy clothing for their children.
TOP THING LEARNED
It is better to first type out the content in a program that will spell check for you and then add the tags.
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Complementary // Purple & Yellow
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Bodoni// Old Style/Serif
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Open Sans // Slab Serif
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)