The purpose of this assignment was to create an infographic for a company using Adobe Illustrator. The rules were to add at least 4 illustrations and 1 graph/chart.
PROCESS (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles)
1. I began this project by thinking of all of the things that I am passionate about and the top answer was sleep. Sleep is my favorite thing in the world but sometimes I have to sacrifice sleep for school assignments which occasionally leads to insomnia.
2. The next step I took was research. Lots and lots of research! I think I spent about an hour and a half on Pinterest looking at examples of infographics. This helped me to understand what works and doesn’t work in an infographic. I also spent a lot of time looking for good resources to use for the information I was putting into my infographic.
3. I then began to sketch out my idea of what I wanted for my illustrations and my layout.
4. Next, I spent even more time on Pinterest looking at infographics and watching tutorials on youtube to help give me more ideas.
5. I began by creating my illustrations in Illustrator first and then began to place more information as I went along.
6. I also created a pie chart from an alarm clock that was used for my 1 graph/ chart that was required for this project.
I critiqued Lisa Wharton and Anne Law. I also received critique from Christine Winward on Facebook. She suggested that I increase the size of my stars with text and also to increase the boldness on my “Sleep Tips” text box. I also received critique from my husband Joel who suggested that I increase the size of my text so that it is more readable. And my friend Arianne recommended that I move a couple of my text boxes around in the middle section to create more flow.
To inform viewers with insomnia or sleeping problems of the facts of insomnia and tips on how to overcome it.
Anyone who is interested in learning how to sleep better.
TOP THING LEARNED
Font size is essential in creating a successful infographic
COLOR SCHEME & COLOR NAMES
Monochromatic // Blue with a yellow accent
TITLE FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Noteworthy // Decorative/script
COPY FONT NAME & CATEGORY
Oswald // Sans Serif
THUMBNAILS OF ANY ORIGINAL, UNEDITED IMAGE(S) USED IN THE PROJECT
SOURCE OF EACH IMAGE (website name and hyperlink)
I created my own graphics.
Source of articles: